Free mountain ski tours for your USA ski holiday!
Guests often ask us how they can find their way around a new ski resorts without checking the ski map every 5 minutes!
They want to get to know their ski resort quickly & easily on the first day, so they can find the best places to ski early on and enjoy them for their whole holiday, rather than discover them on their last day...
Mountain ski / snowboard tours are a fantastic way to orientate yourself & get to know the mountain.
The guides will help you find the areas of the mountain which are right for your ability.
They are full of tips and advice such as where to ski at what time of day, which lifts to take & where the quietest areas of the mountain are.
Here are just some of the complimentary mountain tours offered in USA ski resorts:
Park City Silver to Slope ski tour
Park City is starting a new daily complimentary ski tour "Silver to Slopes" for the 2017 / 2018 ski season.
- With this new signature experience ski / snowboard tour guests can discover Park City's rich, mining, skiing & local history on this free guided ski tour.
- You will explore the mountain with an expert guide & uncover historic mining buildings & hidden relics scattered across the resort.
- You'll get insider tips on how to find the best runs on the mountain & take home a commemorative badge.
- Departing daily at 10am from the Park City base area and 1pm at the top of the Bonanza lift
Aspen & Snowmass ski tours
- Aspen Mountains "ambassador" daily 1-2 hour orientation tour with Apple cider & granola bars!
- Meet at 10.30am or 1.30pm at the top of the mountain at the Guest services Center for Ajax / Aspen Mountain.
- In Snowmass meet at 10.30am at the top of the Village Express lift or 1.30pm at the top of the Elk Camp gondola
- In Buttermilk meet at 10.30am or 1.30pm at guest services at the top of the Summit Express Lift
- In Aspen Highlands meet at 10.30am or 1.30pm at guest services next to the Merry Go Round
- Aspen & Aspen Highlands "History of the mountain & town" tour, run by the Aspen Historical Society.
- In Aspen Fridays only at 11am & 1pm, meet at the top of the Silver Queen gondola at the Guest services Center
- At Aspen Highlands Mondays only at 11am & 1pm meet at the guest service cabin next to the Merry Go Round.
- Aspen "Geology of Aspen Mountain" tour Wednesdays only at 10am & 1pm, meet at the top of the Silver Queen gondola at the Guest services Center.
All the above tours are recommended for intermediate skiers / boarders & above.
Highlands Bowl Special program tour:
- Aspen Highlands Bowl tour for expert level or above, wednesdays only from early Jan, 10.30am, meet at the guest service cabin next to the Merry Go Round.
Vail ski tours
General mountain tours:
- Vail ski resorts guest service volunteers provide complimentary 2 hour general tours of Vail mountain for intermediates & above.
- General tours depart from the Game Creek Desk next to the top of the Eagle Bahn Gondola (Lionshead area) and from the top of Gondola One at the mid Vail ski school desk (Vail Village area)
Blue Sky Basin tours:
- Blue Sky Basin tours are offered on Tuesdays & Fridays beginning at 11am.
- Recommended for high level intermediates or above skiers / riders only.
- Meet at Henry's Hut across from Patrol Headquarters at the top of Chair 4.
Golden Oldie's tour:
- 60+ ski with us tours are offered weekly for skiers 60 and older, who are advanced intermediate or above skiing ability.
- This complimentary all day tour is on Mondays only and meets at 9.15am at the top of the Eagle Bahn gondola at Gondoly's Pizza on the first level of Eagle's Nest.
- This is an opportunity to ski with a mountain host guide knowledgable about Vail mountain.
- Stop for lunch along the way & enjoy a social day of skiing with local & visiting skiers.
- Guests are asked to arrive 15 mins early for both those tours to sign release forms.
Beaver Creek ski tours:
- Beaver Creek offers a women's 2 hour complimentary social ski tour led by female team of ski school ambassdors & instructors.
- The guides share tips & offer insider knowledge of the mountain & ski runs.
- After skiing gather at Starbucks to sip on your warm beverage of choice
- Meet at the Centennial lift 10.15am on Tuesdays to Fridays.
- Intermediate & above skiers / riders are invited!
Breckenridge ski tours
- Breckenridge ski resort offers 2 hour daily mountain orientation tours.
- Helps familiarise guests with the mountain.
- Recommended for intermediate & above skiers & riders.
- Tours depart promptly at 9.30am from the base of peak 8 & Beaver Run on peak 9 daily
We live in the USA, know the ski resorts & accommodation and visit them regularly.
We can give you expert advice and save you time & effort finding the right USA ski holiday for you.
Helen & Rob Brown
UK Tel 01223 655642
US Tel 303 482 1961
More ski news, info & advice