- 2021 / 2022 will see the start of a $135m gondola square redevelopment starts with phase 1.
- The 3 year project will transform Gondola Square plaza into a multi-use base area, with new amenities including dining, apres ski, shops & entertainment.
- For 2021 / 2022, 650 new acres of advanced & expert terrain is planned on Pioneer Ridge, plus a new teaching area & the first leg of a new Big Blue gondola.
- New gondola for 2019 / 2020 season with extra cars giving increased capacity & a shorter 10 minute ride time.
- 2018 / 2019 improvements at the Steamboat base area include a complete makeover of the Timber & Torch main restaurant in Gondola Square, with expanded indoor seating, new outdoor heated patio, indoor & outdoor bars, exterior fireplace & new outdoor BBQ, plus "Taco Beast" food truck, serving trailside in Winter.