Park City ski resort USA - the most skiing & so much more!
In 2015, Park City became the largest ski resort in the USA, after the old Park City was linked to Canyons with the Quicksilver gondola. Re-named the one "Park City" this huge ski area now has over 300 runs with 7300 acres of skiing.
Park City ski resort now boasts 3 main areas :
- The Canyons base village
- The Park City base area
- The Town lift, which accesses the skiing right from the centre of town & you can ski back to town
Skiers / boarders can ski from one village to another and they are all linked by the free bus and are only 5 - 15 mins apart. There is no doubt the skiing is fantastic in Park City and we've had feedback from clients who love the variety of runs.
The historic Park City town centre around Main Street is full of wonderful restaurants, independent shops, coffee shops, bars & music venues. It's a fantastic town to peruse & explore. However the Park City area as a whole has many additional (less well known) non-skiing activities & amenities in the area, which not all ski resorts have & are definitely worth a visit:
Park City Utah Olympic Park
Park City is home to Utah's Olympic Park, just 10 mins drive / bus from Canyons base village, Park City.
Built in 2002 for the Salt Lake Winter Olympics, the Olympic Park is a wonderful place to visit:
- Take a thrilling ride of a liftime on the actual Olympic bobsled track: http://utaholympiclegacy.org/winter-bobsled-experience
- Take a guided tour of the Olympic Park & hear amazing stories about Olympic achievements & some peculiar tales.
- Stand right at the top of the ski jump & imagine how it would feel to launch yourself off the 120 metre jump on skis.
- Watch skiers train for the freestyle aerials competition flying off the jumps into the training pool.
- Visit the small museum & try your hand at virtual ski jumping, games & check out the old school ski outfits!
- If you are in resort over New Year watch the ski jumping & nordic combined US Olympic Team Trails (Dec 30-31, 2017).
Park City Outlet Mall
"Tanger Outlets" is Park City's outlet mall, again just about 10 mins from canyons base village on the bus. Open daily (except Christmas Day), you can shop to your heart's content at big brand stores as well as some specialty shops.
- Head to shopper services, to join the Tanger Club to get a free coupon book, seasonal member specials & birthday rewards.
- Club members also receive receive FREE gift cards & fashion gifts with Tanger store receipts, at certain levels of purchase.
- The prices are already good & these help you save even more on your holiday shopping spree!
Park City's Kimbal Junction / Redstone
Kimball Junction (locally known as "New Town") offers the ultimate in one-stop convenience for shopping, restaurants, recreation & entertainment. It has blossomed over the last 10 years and has become a locals hotstpot.
- The "Redstone" shopping centre, located at Kimball Junction has upscale boutiques, stores & restaurants including Whole Foods, designer clothing & sportswear, home furnishings & restaurants.
- Take in a movie at "Redstone 8" cinemas & watch the latest film in one of the state-of-the-art movie theatres with full digital projection presentation - the popcorn's not bad too!
- Relax or work out at the gym, pilates studio, nail salons or tanning booths.
- It may be Winter but it's never too chilly for a Cold Stone Creamery ice cream or go to "Booster Juice" for a healthy smoothie!
- Restaurants include Classic Italina at Ghidotti's, sushi, pizza, chinese & a brew pub & tend to be a little less pricey than some of the in town eateries.
- "Jupiter Bowl" is nearby & home to a luxury bowling alley with 12 main lanes & 4 private lanes, restaurant, bar & 70 foot video wall, plus billiards & an arcade.
We live in the USA, know the ski resorts & accommodation and visit them regularly.
We can give you expert advice and save you time & effort finding the right USA ski holiday for you.
Helen & Rob Brown
UK Tel 01223 655642
US Tel 303 482 1961
More ski news, info & advice