New lifts, ski tours, $6.50 lift ticket & crepes (!) in USA ski resorts 2017 / 2018 - Sept 2017
New lift flown into Breckenridge for 2017 / 2018 ski season
- The Falcon SuperChair on Peak 10 at Breckenridge ski resort is being replaced with a high speed 6 person lift, making a quicker ride up the mountain.
- Peak 10 offers advanced skiing & snowboarding with steep, gladed terrain, providing tons of fun, especially in the powder
Take a look at this video of the new lift being helicoptered in:
New on-mountain delectables in Breckenridge restaurants
- Breckenridge's 10 mile station is going "Willy Wonka" this season! The new Candy Cabin will offer a selection of chocolates & sweets, perfect for those with a sweet tour, needing a boost during their ski day.
- Pioneer Crossing on Peak 7, Breck which was new last year is adding the European favourite of crepes to their breakfast menu this year, both sweet & savoury. You'll want to give them a try!
Keystone speeds up Montezuma & adds restaurant by the ski beach
- Keystone ski resort, which is on the same lift pass as Breckenridge, & a great place to go for at least a days skiing, is replacing the Montezuma Express Lift with a 6 passenger chairlift, which will speed up access to Dercum Mountain's beginner & intermediate terrain.
- LaBonte's which used to be more of an outdoor restaurant with picnic tables & just a small warming hut, will be converted into a 150 seat indoor restaurant, whilst maintaining the outdoor ski beach that guests love in sunny weather!
Celebrating 50 years & base area development in Aspen Snowmass
- Snowmass celebrates its 50th birthday on Dec 15, 2017. Lift tickets for Snowmass only on 15 Dec will be at vintage 1967 lift ticket price of only $6.50!
- Aspen Snowmass will celebrate with a festive weekend of anniversary activities including: retro party at Elk Camp, anniversary gala at The Viceroy with an original film debut, Cabin Jump and Rail Jam & picnic & fireworks over Fanny Hill.
- The anniversary will be marked throughout the 17/18 ski season with new gold signs marking the original trails on the mountain, monthly firework displays, a new base village mural highlighting the history of Snowmass & official merchandise.
- Construction has begun on the second phase of the base area development at Aspen Snowmass.
- The $600m, 10 year project will complete the base area of Snowmass ski area & add new lodging & amenities to this already world class resort.
Park City new FREE guided ski tour for 2017 / 2018
- New signature Experience Silver to Slopes historic mining ski tour - Guests can discover Park City's rich, mining, skiing & local history on this free guided ski tour.
- You will explore the mountain with an expert guide & uncover the historic mining buildings & hidden relics scattered across the resort.
- Plus you'll get insider's advice to help you find the best runs on the mountain take home a badge / pin commemorating your visit to Park City.
- Tours recommended for intermediate level & above & depart daily from the Park City base area at 10am & the top of the Bonanza lift at 1pm.
Park City beginner area improvements
- A new enclosed surface lift has been installed at the Park City base area, along with a new designated beginner trail to enhance the learning experience for beginner skiers & boarders, giving them more space & comfort as they learn to ski & ride.
Park City Canyons base village lodging upgrades
- The Grand Summit Hotel at the Canyons Village base area of Park City ski resort is becoming "A Rock Resort" property for the 17/18 ski season.
- After a $15m renovation all the suites now have new interior finishes, furnishings, appliances, artwork & technology. The on -site spa, lobby, front desk, cafe & general store have also had a full renovation.
- Right by the Orange Bubble lift the Grand Summit is a true ski in, ski out property offering apartments & hotel rooms with breakfast included for Chalets USA's guests.
- Sundial apartments Park City, which are a stone's throw from the lifts at the Canyons base area have also been renovated including the lobby & common areas.
Vail & Beaver Creek new lifts & accommodation upgrades for 17/18 ski season
- Vail ski resort is upgrading the Northwoods (Chair 11) to a high speed 6 passenger chair.
- Many people use this lift to get from one area in Vail to another particularly at the end of the day, so this will be a welcome upgrade, speeding up the way home!
- Beaver Creek ski resort is upgrading Chair 5, the Drink of Water chairlift to a high speed 4 person lift.
- It will be re-named the "Red Buffalo Express" lift after the beginner run & 2 peaks of the Gore Mountain range - Red Peak & Buffalo Peak. Subsequently all the main lifts in Beaver Creek will be high speed.
- Beaver Creek is debuting a new family friendly learning area with 13 runs & family friendly amenities including sculptures, kids adventure zones & ski school skills zones.
- The Pines Lodge in Beaver Creek, A Rock Resort has received a significant facelift, giving the property a more contemporary feel & upgrading the guest rooms & lobby areas.
We live in the USA, know the ski resorts & accommodation and visit them regularly. We can give you expert advice and save you time & effort finding the right USA ski holiday for you.
Helen & Rob Brown
UK Tel 01223 655642
USA Tel 303 482 1961
More ski news, info & advice