Deer Valley Resort summary
Deer Valley Resort is a ski only resort, with first class amenities, to ensure you have an unmatched experience on your ski holiday. Deer Valley Resort understands that the finer details make all the difference including:
- Uniformed ski valets
- Complimentary overnight & daytime ski storage
- Groomed-to-perfection ski runs
- Waterproof piste maps
- Award-wining cuisine & wine lists
- Childcare on site
- High quality lodging by the slopes
- Lift ticket sales are capped daily to limit the number of people on the slopes, to ensure a quality ski experience for guests, quiet slopes & to keep the snow in great condition.
- Deer Valley Resort has 3 main interconnected ski areas, each with express lifts & lodging options: Snow Park Village with the ski school, Silverlake mid mountain & Empire Canyon further up the mountain.
- Park City town, with its many boutique shops, bars, restaurants & night clubs is just 5 mins away, with many properties offering luxury Cadillac on call transportation or you can use the shuttle bus.
What's new at Deer Valley Resort?
- Deer Valley Resort to invest US $8.1m capital improvements for the 2018 / 2019 ski season.
- The Homestake chairlift from Silver Lake Village to Bald Eagle Mountain will be replaced with a new detachable high-speed quad chairlift, halving ride time & increasing uphill skier capacity.
- Upgrades to resort day lodges, recycling & grooming fleet.
- Deer Valley will host the mogul & aerial competitions in the skiing 2019 FIS World Championships in early February.
Deer Valley Resort piste classification
- 101 trail runs
- 27% Beginner
- 41% Intermediate
- 32% Expert/Advanced
Deer Valley Resort terrain
- Deer Valley Resort has 6 interconnected ski mountains: Little Baldy Peak, Bald Eagle, Bald, Flagstaff, Empire & Lady Morgan.
- Flagstaff, Little Baldy Peak & Bald Eagle Mountain consist mostly of beginner & intermediate ski runs with a few advanced runs.
- Test your skills on Bald Eagle's "Champion" ski run, from the 2002 Olympics & Freestyle world cup.
- Lady Morgan, Empire and Bald Mountain have fantastic mixed ability terrain from cruisy blues to double diamond advanced / expert level runs.
- Try skiing the challenging expert bowls at the top of Bald Mountain and Empire or the steep chutes in Empire Canyon.
- There are also 930 acres of gladed tree skiing to be explored.
Deer Valley Resort prides itself on its grooming with dedicated teams working in multiple overnight shifts to comb the ski slopes to high standards its guests expect. Check out the daily grooming report "Inside Edge" to find out which ski runs have the freshest corduroy each morning.
Deer Valley Resort piste map 2018 / 2019
Click on map to view larger version
Lifts / Snowfall / Elevation
Deer Valley Resort lifts
There are 21 lifts:
- 12 x high-speed detachable quad lift
- 1 x high-speed gondola
- 1 x fixed-grip quads
- 5 x triple chair lifts
- 2 x double chair lifts
Deer Valley Resort snowfall
Deer Valley Resort elevation
- Base Elevation: 6,570ft / 2,003 m
- Peak Elevation: 9,570ft / 2,917 m
- Vertical Rise: 3,000ft / 914 m
Deer Valley Resort apres ski
Deer Valley ski resort:
- Fireside Dining offers a unique experience featuring 4 courses each served from a stone fireplace including raclette, soups, salads & stews, roast lamb & the highlight - chocolate fondue! In Empire Canyon Lodge. Before dinner snowshoe treks or horse drawn sleigh rides available.
- Brass Tag located in the Lodges at Deer Valley near the Snow Park base area features brick oven cuisine including seared meats, seafood, pizzettes & locally sourced produce.
- The Seafood Buffet in Snow Park Lodge offers contemporary american fare including fresh fish, seafood & piles of crab & oysters of course, plus carvery & vegetable specials, prime rib & homemade desserts.
- Silver Lake is home to Mariposa, Deer Valley's premier restaurant, ranked #1 in Utah by Zagat Restaurant Guide for food & service. Dine on a mix of classic & contemporary cuisine in rustic elegance. Tasting menus & private dining room, plus award winning wine list.
Park City town - just 5 minutes from Deer Valley ski resort:
- In Park City town there are so many independent restaurants to choose from: try "Shabu" for asian fusion food & lively atmostphere, Fletcher's on Main Street or "Grappa" Italian fine dining.
- The "High West Whiskey & Vodka Distillery" is a lively hotspot for apres drinks & dinner. Later head to the famous "No name bar" for more frivolities.
- For late night action in historic Park City check out "O P Rockwell's" cocktail lounge, "Downstairs" lounge bar or Park City Live for live bands & Djs.
Deer Valley Resort, Park City, Utah adventures
- Sundance Film Festival is a huge celebration of independent filmakers with viewings of independent films from across the world, in many languages & genres from animation to indigenous works to cult films. Live music performances from solo performers to film composers & cutting-edge media installations. 10 days at the end of January each year.
Recommended Deer Valley Resort restaurants which Chalets USA have been to:
- Fireside Dining for never ending courses of your choice served by chefs over several fireplaces including Raclette with all the trimmings, roast lamb, hearty stews & chocolate fondue!
- Deer Valley Grocery Cafe for delicious light lunch, pastries & espresso coffee drinks plus they sell grocery items, alocholic beverages & house prepared meals for you to devour in your self-catered lodging.
Recommended Park City town restaurants which Chalets USA have been to:
- Mustang voted in 10 top Utah restaurants, Main Street
- Ruth's Chris steak house in the Hotel Park City
- Firewood for fresh dishes cooked over a wood fire, Main Street
- Wahso asian cusine, Main Street
- Fletchers on Main Street
- High West Whiskey & Vodka Distillery & Saloon in Park City town for apres & drinks
- No name bar in Park City town for drinks, Main Street
Restaurants in Park City town recommended by Chalets USA clients:
- "Flannigans was good value for money" Jo, Feb 2018
- "Yuki Yama had great sushi and most of it was even gluten free, perfect for me! No name bar also a good hotspot" Jenny Feb 2018
- "High West Distillery" Tony Jan 2017
- "The Wasatch Brewery - good food & beer, Handle - nice as it did tapas style food rather than the usual huge plates you get in the US!, Cisero's Italian restaurant was good. The other good bar was No Name Saloon." Gwyneth Jones 2016.
Articles / Videos