Snow has been falling in the USA this November & the ski resorts are opening!
Dec 23 2016 update - most runs now open!
- Vail 97% open including Back Bowls & Blue Sky Basin, 18 inches of snow this week.
- Breckenridge 92 runs open including runs on all peaks 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10, 2 feet of new snow this week.
- Beaver Creek 80% of area & all lifts now open. Over 2 feet of new snow in the last 7 days.
- Aspen Snowmass had 29 inches over 2 feet of snow this week & over 75% of terrain is open
- Park City 256 runs on all areas of the mountain & Quicksilver gondola connecting Park City & Canyons side now open. 12 inches new snow.
- Steamboat 97% of terrain open with 21 inches of new snow in the last 7 days.
- Jackson Hole has 88% of pistes open & has had over 18 feet of snow at the top this season.
Dec 12, 2016 snow & terrain update - 2 to 3 feet of fresh snow this week!
- Vail had 26 inches of snow in the last week & now has 144 runs open including the back bowls.
- Breckenridge had 35 inches of new snow this week (nearly 3 feet!) with peak 7 now open as well as peaks 8 & 9.
- Beaver Creek had 24 inches (2 feet) of snow this week & has 52 runs open including Rose bowl.
- Aspen Snowmass had 2 feet of fresh snow this week & has now opened Aspen Highlands including the famous Highlands Bowl & Buttermilk as well as Ajax & Snowmass.
- Park City had 2 feet of new snow this week & now has 116 runs open including the Tombstone 1990 area black runs.
- Steamboat had 42 inches of snow this week (3 1/2 feet!) & now has 73 runs open.
- Jackson Hole has had over 14 feet so far this season & has 52 trails open.
Dec 2, 2016 snow & terrain update:
- Vail has 24 runs open including green, blue & black runs from Vail Village & Lionshead Vail. 10 inches of snow this week.
- Breckenridge had 14 inches of snow this week & now has 8 lifts & 9 runs open on Peak 8 and 9.
- Beaver Creek now has the Bachelor Gulch area open, plus green & blue runs on Beaver Creek mountain. 10 inches of snow thi
- Aspen Snowmass had 18 inches of snow this week & has trails open on both Ajax & Snowmass mountains
- Park City now has the Bonanza Express lift open with 5 more lifts expected to open on Dec 3 with 2 more lifts to open by Monday Dec 5. Trails on the Park City & Canyons side are open.
- Steamboat had 18 inches of fresh snow this week & has 6 green & blue runs open.
- Jackson Hole had 2 feet of snow this week & is now open!
- Tailormade resort Keystone 9 inches of new snow in 7 days.
Here's the latest as of today Friday Nov 25, 2016:
- Breckenridge opened Nov 19 & has runs on both peaks 8 and 9 open
- Vail has had 10 inches of new snow in the last week & opened today Nov 25.
- Beaver Creek opened today Nov 25 with green & blue runs open on Beaver Creek mountain, after 14 inches of fresh snow this week
- Aspen Snowmass opened on Thanksgiving Day Nov 24 after 10 inches of new snow this week
- Steamboat Springs also got 10 inches of the snow this week & has green & blue runs open
- Park City is due to open the Park City base area tomorrow Sat Nov 26, after 11 inches of new snow this week.
- Tailormade resorts Keystone opened up on Nov 18 & Heavenly, Lake Tahoe opened Nov 23.
- Jackson Hole is due to open soon
Watch this space for updates!
Ask Chalets USA about your USA ski holiday today!
We live in the USA, know the ski resorts & accommodation and visit them regularly. We can give you expert advice and save you time & effort finding the right USA ski holiday for you.
Helen & Rob Brown
UK Tel 01223 655642
USA Tel 303 482 1961
More ski news, info & advice